Sunday, March 3, 2013

MBB


This past week I had the amazing opportunity to work backstage with Monica Bill Barnes & Co while they performed at Emory. On Wednesday, I was a part of the team that helped Monica and Anna film their short intro that opens the show. It was so wonderful to walk all around Emory filming with the two of them, they really are some of the most genuinely sweet and amazingly talented women I have ever met! After filming I was a part of the backstage crew and was in charge of props and costumes, and any other odd job that needed taken care of. Anna and Monica are so well organized and self sufficient though that one of the only jobs I had was to stuff confetti shooters (yes, tons and tons of confetti!) It was incredible to watch the show every night from the wings. Seeing the high energy level and dedication to the performance (even though both of the women were sick!) was so inspiring. MBB really is a genius, I saw the show back to back 4 nights in a row and every single night I laughed out loud and cried real tears. Spending time around Monica and Anna could not have happened at a better time for me, I needed to be pushed and inspired to keep at it in the dance world, and these women did that for me, and more! 

Monica and Anna carrying the mini met through Emory while filming!

sweet little inspirational note on the back of the mini met  

stuffing confetti shooters on the prop table

with Anna and Monica after a very successful show week! 




No comments:

Post a Comment