Sunday, April 6, 2014

sunshine on a cloudy day

I am such a sucker for beautiful weather. It has such a strong hold over my perspective on the day. If I wake up and see the sun shining and hear the birds chirping outside my window, I know it's going to be an awesome day. If I wake up after a week of sunny perfect spring weather and see clouds and chilly temps, I want to roll over and go back to sleep. This season is so hard because just when I think its going to stay warm and that we are through with winter, there is another chilly or rainy day. I have been working on trying to find ways to generate my own internal sunshine to make those days a little easier to manage, and I have found three things:
1. coffee (duh)
2. my favorite lipstick
3. movement

Ok so the second one is kind of a joke (although it really does get me going to get myself dressed and looking ready to face the day) and coffee is a given… but movement, movement is the key. Honestly, the movement of our bodies is so connected to our mental and emotional behavior that it is just silly we spend most of our days sitting down. It takes a little push to get going at times (like, before the coffee…), but when I can get up and stretch, walk, twist, move, breathe it changes my entire viewpoint on the day. I find that if I can get up and build a little internal heat, a little sunshine, I can make it through even the dreariest of days with a smile on my face. Lets move. Lets shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment