Saturday, September 7, 2013

25

Twenty-five, a quarter century. This is where I am right now, and I love it. There were a lot of great things about 24, but I feel like last year was a year of searching for a place for myself in the city and still struggling in that limbo between college life and adult life. Twenty-five has already started off so very well with a weekend full of yoga, drinks with friends, and performing in three different shows; all the things I love the most. There was a lot of hard work, and lots of play - a happy balance. My goal for my 25th year is to continue finding this balance. I am coming into my career as a dancer more and more and am so excited and grateful to be working with two different companies, dancing 5 days of the week. I of course still have my other jobs to help pay the bills, but there is a better ratio of dance time to non-dance "work" time. I am learning to say no to things that I really don't have time for in order to fully commit to the things I really do want to do, attempting to keep a balance of work, and play, and maybe sometimes sleep too :) This September also marks 22 years since my very first dance class. I am so happy that dancing is something that still gives me as much joy as it did all those years ago when I first put on that pink tutu, dancing in the front yard with my sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment