Sunday, September 29, 2013

falling for fall

The most beautiful weather of year has been happening this past week in Atlanta. Perfect 75 degrees, sunny with a cool breeze, the kind of weather that makes people crave the outdoors. Festivals and farmers markets are in full swing, everyone is out with adorable puppies and babies - walking, playing, chatting, eating and drinking all the things. It's amazing. As I type this, I'm sitting on the lovely porch outside my coffee shop observing everyone's cheerful Sunday afternoon attitudes. I've always loved the changing of the seasons, and there is something especially romantic about falling into fall.

 I was able to rehearse at Skwhirlhaus Friday morning for my piece in the October show. Early morning light peeked through the big tree above me warming my skin as I moved my body through the crisp cool air. Just me, under the tree. It was so very magical. I was stressed before rehearsal, not having my other dancer there and not feeling ready or like I had enough done, but once I started moving, something in me shifted, and just being on the stage at Skwhirlhaus turned my anxiety into pure joy. Pure joy to be dancing on a beautiful stage, outside in beautiful weather, right behind my friends home with her beautiful family inside. Our mission statement for Skwhirlhaus really is spot on...

Skwhirlhaus cultivates a cooperative sustainable environment where creative individuals gather to present work and experience community.

 Look out for updates about the October show where I will show new work Night Kitchen. October 18th and 19th!

No comments:

Post a Comment