Monday, November 28, 2011

I.F. O.N.L.Y.

So my time in Ireland seems to be flying by, and my intentions of taking class every week in Dublin have not exactly played out as planned... but I have been blessed with a nice rehearsal space at the Abbey Road Artists' Studios in Athlone and have been able to work some on my own. That being said, I submitted some solo work for Mamuska Night at International Festival of a Necessarily Lonely You and was asked to perform! The festival is hosted each year in Birr by Legitimate Bodies Dance Company. I was able to participate in wonderful workshops, see amazing performances, meet and connect with lovely dancers from Ireland and all over the world, and perform myself for the first time since graduating college!
I performed a short solo I choreographed titled Pathways. Many thanks to Katrin Rehlein for the photographs below. 
The festival was an amazing experience, filled with wonderful movement and passionate people!

No comments:

Post a Comment