Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Water Project

I am very lucky that my last few weeks in Ireland really have started to pick up with dance. I have been doing some workshops at the Athlone Artists' Studios, finished editing my screen dance Eala, and now will tell you about The Water Project! I contacted Melissa Hall Roy after she put out a call for dancers and was so pleased she could use me in her benefit concert to raise money for clean water in Cambodia. 

The whole concept of the show was really neat. There were 6 soloists dancing in a studio separated by curtains and we each had movement by Melissa that was inspired by different music and meaningful pictures of water. The "audience" walked through the studio into our different spaces as if they were walking through an art gallery to view the pieces. My solo was inspired by a picture of the River Jordan.
The project was such a wonderful success, and I am so glad I was able to work with Melissa and the other dancers. There were also a ton of adorable kids who came out, which is always nice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment